About Hope City
Hope City Church is one location in an expanding church family that currently includes Willamette Christian Church in West Linn and Beaverton Christian Church in Beaverton.
As a church family, we exist to inspire people to know love and follow Jesus. We want you to feel welcome, accepted and to experience the love of Jesus in meaningful community.
What we Believe
We hold to the belief that:
- In essential beliefs, we have Unity (Ephesians 4:4-6)
- In non-essential beliefs, we have Liberty (Hebrews 12:1)
- And in all our beliefs, we show Love (I Corinthians 13:2)
We hold to two scriptural, essential truths;
- that Jesus is the Christ, the savior of mankind through His death, burial, resurrection and exaltation to the right hand of God in Heaven, and,
- that the Bible is the supreme authority as our guide to Christian faith and service. We seek to speak where the Bible speaks, and be silent where the Bible is silent.
Our elders ensure that we have solid, biblical teaching and are responsible for the overall protection of our church family through good governance. Their qualifications are defined by 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, and they possess and demonstrate the attitude of servant leadership. They serve faithfully under the guidance of our governance by-laws.
Our elders include: Bob Stratton, Joe Villa, Kevin Marple, Mike Grubb, Rich Miller, and Rod Cruickshank.
For more information, or to get in contact with our elders, please contact Hannah Scanlon.
Our Other Locations
We bring our hopes and our regrets, our questions and our experiences, and together we discover who Jesus is and why he loves us so much. We believe church should be a place where everyone is welcome, nobody is perfect, and anything can happen.
As a family of faith, we are committed to dispense hope to our local communities and beyond; standing up and caring for those around us by bringing good news and being good news. We were all created to live for something larger than ourselves and God invites everyone, everywhere into this way of living by trusting Him.